Learning how to launch a kite

I was keen to learn how to kiteboard and so were my daughters. I purchased a package deal from Kite Republic in St Kilda, Victoria which comprised of five lessons with the objective that we could get to fly a kite and ride a board.
The first lessons involved a small trainer kite that gave us the gist of where the power zones are and handling the kite. Even though the kite was small it was powerful enough to through us around.
The next phase to launch a 'real kite'. This kite was still smaller than what we would use in practice, but certainly powerful enough to be dangerous. We learn how to set up the kite, have someone hold the kite in the correct position and how to land it.
The power of the kite was impressive. I am very excited and keen to take up this sport. I was very impressed with the progressive and patient approach the instructors take to get us up and running safely with the sport.

Blog Indexes:

Comments