Oct 27. Yak Kharta to Thorong Phedi. Annapurna circuit trek, Nepal

It was a relatively short day hike to Thorong Phedi (4450m).  The scenery is spectacular, and there was quite a few people staying here, and at the preceding village acclimatizing and getting ready for the big ascent over Thorung La tomorrow.

It's time to read, chat and generally chill out. Somebody was tired, sunny shade it is a nice spot for a kip.

Mum, meanwhile earns a living tending to the tourists.
A frozen waterfall, indicative of how cold it is up here.
We had a choice of staying here or going on, we move on to the High camp, and stay here was my choice, I was pretty tired after the big haul over from Lake Tilicho. A day of rest was much needed.
It was an ongoing pilgrimage for many, they didn't wear much in the way of smiles.
Rest ? No, I managed an hour or so, and needed a little recreation. A nearby mountain, reminded me why a rest could have been a wise choice.
Being goal orientated, there was no turning back. The rewards were delivered as well with that view up top.
A minor achievement this little peak reaching and altitude of 4800m. Give me the next challenge - Thorung La !  Around the table, very traveller has a story to tell.
I found a quiet spot and read about Shackleton's miraculous endeavours in Antarctica. My dream: I'll get there one day.
 
 This couple had a choice of going back down to New Phedi, sleeping on the floor, or luckily for them they are bunking in with us.
It was a very chilly night tonight, so I layered up. All  that extra warmth was gratefully appreciated!


Blog Indexes:


Comments