Oct 30. Jomsom to Pokhara. Nepal

The flight left at 9:30am instead of 8:30, but I was on it. What a relief. I am glad I did not take the overnight vehicular option. I am only a couple of days away from returning home to Australia. It has been a wonderful trekking holiday, far better than I imagined.
His and hers security check. Brace yourselves boys it is an interesting experience.
No wonder flights get cancelled regularly up here. At 2736m the weather is very unpredictable. As it was, we were lucky to have found a window of calm weather. Later in the morning all flights were cancelled again.
It was  great morning's flight with clear views of the himalaya and a grand entry to Pokhara.
No picture of Pokhara is complete without this iconic view of Machhapuchhre the fishtail, piercing the horizon at a mere 6993m. You need to get u p early to dismiss the haze, but what the heck, you won't have a photo unless you take one !
I was going to toss my shoes away. My very expensive Salomon walking shoes fell apart after 23 days of trekking. This bloke reinstated them for a princely sum of four dollars, I then gave them to my porter upon our reunion. /div>
The locals here preferred their own company and  kept to themselves..
It was a hot day in Pokhara. Walked along the shores of the lake, bought souveniers and booked a paragliding trip for an hour.
The Dashain festival is still in swing, with this contraption built for the kids big and small to enjoy.

Every opportunity that there is to grow food it is seized. The city stops abruptly at a swampy shore, so here is an ideal one for rice.

There was plenty of nightlife in Pokhara, but I was too tired to stay out too long. I am not a great deal interested anyway having enjoyed almost a month of trekking, it will take me a while to return to civilisation. I found a nice hotel away from the hubbub, a bargain at 600 rupees and welcomed an early night of sleep.


Blog Indexes:

Comments