Oct-29 Jomsom to Marpha. Annapurna circuit, Nepal.

My flight was cancelled, I waited 6 hours in the vain hope that the plane would leave, but it wasn't to be. The wind was too strong and in the wrong direction. Kshitiz and Anish had already left so I'm on my own. Luckily I was warned about the frequent cancellations due to weather, so I had a day built in. It was possible to get a vehicle back but I elected to chance it on a flight tomorrow.
Jaded I walked back to the hotel and booked another night. I went for  stroll in town and I met with Christof. We decided to walk to Marpha to kill time, Jomsom is not a very exciting place to hang around. Marpha is an interesting town and a much prettier one than Jomsom. We enjoyed our time there, tasted the local apple cider, cheers !
Marpha is a pleasing town to look at, perhaps the prettiest on the whole circuit.
The spirits were looking after the village with a monastry perched high up on the mountainside overlooking the city of Marpha.
The walk up to the old monastery is on a somewhat precarious track. One big rainstorm and I reckon it will all be gone - but it has not happened yet after so many hundred years.
Inside the monastry are religious works of an age spanning hundreds of years.
On the way back to Jomsom I popped my head in to a milling shop. There is something age old and nostalgic about stone grinding. All the rage in the western world. Not a novel approach here.

Blog Indexes:

Comments