Oct 31. Paragliding in Pokhara. Nepal

I could not resist a paragliding flight in the Himalaya. I took the expensive Swiss owned company - the marketing worked - but as to whether they were better than anyone else who knows ?
The experience ? Well I can say I have done it, but it's not something I think I would bother with again. It was a bit nauseating, and like ballooning you are just sitting there floating not doing much. Maybe it's better as a pilot.. Admittedly the scenery was great. Personally though, I prefer physical action closer to the ground.
There was a moment of excitement when two paragliders collided below us (fortunately all was OK, however a lady passenger was screaming her head off). The Pokhara take-off site is rather crowded and I would not recommend it unless you can pick that quiet time.

Blog Indexes:

Comments